Most operating systems, network devices, and other infrastructure components today offer multitude of features to enhance the security of the asset. However, a lot of these features are typically disabled out of the box and left to the end-user to be implemented. Systems hardening is a process of identifying all the assets that are critical to the company, evaluating the present security configuration of the asset, understanding the applications depending on the infrastructure and their constraints, as well as constraints of the network architecture, and then deploying appropriate hardening guidelines for all the critical resources. By hardening systems we are able to create a layered defense mechanism to protect against attacks by removing vulnerable and unnecessary services, patching security holes, plugging gaps identified in the network and removing inappropriate access controls.
Experts at Security Matterz are well equipped to understand the existing security architecture of your organization and offer the expertise to further strengthen and improvise your security posture. The technologies we are well-versed with include:
- Microsoft Windows: Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows 8and Windows 7
- Unix: Linux, RedHat, , Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, HP Unix
- Network Devices: Routers, Switches, Wireless Routers, Firewalls etc
- Webserver: Internet Information Servere (IIS), Apache, Apache Tomcat etc
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2008 and 2005, Oracle, My SQL